Mr. Yiannopoulos is at it again, giving his opponents a guide to destroying the very movement he’s a part of. Actually, he is proclaiming what he believes the Alt Right is against. Here’s the video; I’ll summarise the steps below, and give my opinion of them.
Here are Milo’s 12 steps:
- Decide whether identity politics are for everyone or no one. If racism is unacceptable it has to be unacceptable for everyone.
- Have a sense of humour. Stop trying to ruin people’s lives because they made a joke.
- Stop letting your feelings control you. End grievance culture.
- Halt immigration from countries who don’t share western values.
- Stop demonising patriotism. Acknowledge the good and the bad.
- End globalisation.
- Purge the anime nerds.
- Stop denying the differences between men and women. Allow women to do what they want.
- No more safe spaces and trigger warnings. Cognitive science says they don’t help.
- No more pointless fighting.
- Criminalise Black Lives Matter. Not liking BLM is not the same as not liking blacks.
- Build the wall.
Here’s my opinion of them:
- Identity politics is bigotry. Human rights should apply equally to all individuals.
- No one should try to ruin someone’s life over an opinion. Free speech is a fundamental human right.
- Truth is truth. We should be polite, but not deny facts.
- We should bring in the best people who have the most to offer us.
- We should be proud of what we do well.
- End corporatism. Get rid of unelected government bodies like the EU. Reduce government as much as possible.
- I hope “purge the anime nerds” is a joke. If not, screw you, Milo.
- Don’t deny facts. Everyone has the right to pursue their own happiness.
- If you don’t like what you’re hearing, you don’t have to listen. Don’t feed trolls. Ignore them.
- No military aggression that is not clearly defensive.
- Apply all laws equally to all individuals. Don’t play favourites.
- Prevent illegal immigration. Allowing illegal immigration is not fair to those who want to immigrate legally.